What I'm Reading... The Use of Scripture in Personal Prayer

Giving Ourselves to Prayer by Dan R. Crawford, Compiler
quotes from Chapter 27 The Use of Scripture in Personal Prayer by Larry Ashlock
"Praying the scripture involves a different focus that permits a person to enter deeply into a specific biblical text with a wholehearted desire to receive a personal word from God."

"This form of prayer requires a willingness to wait patiently for God to speak and to move in the heart."

"Praying the scripture is guaged not by how much I read but the way I read. [Madame Jeanne] Guyon likens such things to a bee that either skips from flower to flower barely experiencing it or to one that penetrates deeply into the depths of the flower. Praying the scriptures enable one to taste its deepest 'nectar.'"

"Scriptural praying directs my thought and actions upward toward God and ultimately outward toward the purposes God has for me in His world. ... Such prayer is precise and accurate and effective not only in my devotional life but also in the whole of life."
ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation