What I'm Reading... The Role of Fasting as an Accompaniment to Prayer

Giving Ourselves to Prayer by Dan R. Crawford, Compiler
quotes from Chapter 17 The Role of Fasting as an Accompaniment to Prayer by Dean C. Trune
In reference to Luke 5:33-35 But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them; then they will fast in those days. "The Bridegroom was taken away almost 2,000 years ago. I have to conclude that He expects His present day disciples to fast."

In reference to Zechariah 8:18-19 The fasts... will become joyful and happy occasions. "I have had people approach me during a seminar and confess depression.... I often recommend fasting."

"I appreciate my experience with fasting in that it seems to bring my thoughts in line with God's thoughts. For me, prayer alone sometimes attempts to bring God's thoughts in line with my thoughts."
ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation